Saturday 20 February 2010

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding/4od#3034485

With my recent preoccupation with wedding plans, I thought Id watch this for some ideas... . This documentary follows 4 gypsy weddings and was a really interesting look into what is usually a very closed culture. My heart went out to the girl at the end, who at 22 was marrying a guy she'd only met twice.. with the prospect of leaving not just her home, but her country to go live with him in Ireland. She certainly did not look filled with happiness at her prospects. Hope at the end of my wedding day I look slightly less terrified. Have to go call my dressmaker now, and give her some new ideas from seeing the creations in this film! Emma and Sally, I think you girls will look devine in the turquiose and green numbers x

No comments: