Monday 10 September 2012




  BENNY
I was picked up by the warden, and he put me in a van,

At the rescue they shook their heads and said “We’ll do the best we can.”
Left in the cage, alone and scared, I was terrified, till a woman volunteering there had a look inside.
“I’ll take him for a walk” she said,
I didn’t know what to do.I was feeling so excited I wee’d all on her shoe.
She didn’t seem to mind at all, just gave me a little pat, I looked into her eyes and it was ‘love’ ... just like that.
She pleaded with her hubby to come and have a look
He said “We ain’t getting a staffy, you know you’ve read the books. They’re powerful and aggressive, and what about our cat? They chew up all the furniture, I can’t be having that”
She said “ I KNOW that he is loving, I can see it in his eyes. Just lets try things slowly and I’m sure you'll be surprised. I really have a feeling about this little dog. I don’t want to leave him to be picked up by some man, who will train him to fight and kill.  I know this dog’s a good ‘un, it'll work out, it will”.

It took a little while, but he eventually said… "Oh go on then, you can get him, but you’re the one getting out of bed! (to walk him in the cold).
"No worries! I will,  Oh Thank You, Thank You, He'll be good as gold"
And now 2 months I’ve spent here, in my forever home, with a loving kind family that I can call my own.
They may have had my nuts cut off, but I can't say I mind... besides I get revenge each night with gusts from my behind.
Amie calls me "Sir Sink a Lot" which I find a little rude. It isn't really my fault, I just don't like the food.
I've got expensive tastes you know, for such a little stray. And for evenings free of stink bombs, it's a price they'll have to pay. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your little story Ben
And I just have to say
The day you met my Benny
Was your very lucky day!
You have a lovely home now,
With a family to share,
Two cats, two kids a Mom and Dad,
A good life without a care. X x x

Emma said...

ahhh fantastic Bren xxxx LOVE it xx

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.