Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas 2012

We spent Christmas up in The Lakes this year with Richard's family. Santa must have been under the misguided impression that the children were very good this year as they got LOADS of presents in their stockings. However a big hit was the gift from Nana and Grandpa which Amie is modelling in the photo below. In typical Amie style she couldn't wait to got out and try out her skates and after a few falls has already mastered the art of roller skating. I was rather nostalgic looking at her, and for a moment I considered getting myself a pair. But I think skating is best left as a memory as I'm sure I wouldn't have the balance or the courage for it now.  

You can't really make it out in this photo but the ring I'm wearing was a gift from Amie out of her very own money for my birthday, I've also got a lovely pair of earrings for Christmas. Rich took note of the very not subtle hints I dropped and got me a lovely Montblanc watch for my birthday since this is the last chance to use his employee discount as he starts a new job in January.


Even on Christmas morning Noah manages to have a grumpy expression on his little face. 


Santa brought Amie and Noah a rather gothic looking chess set to share

Trying to get a decent photo of the 4 cousins together is impossible, and Amie especially looks like a petulant teenager in this one


It took 7 hours to drive home yesterday, and it was rather stressful as we had to be at the kennels before 6pm to pick Benny up. I was rather keen to get there to save Benny another night behind bars, Richard was rather keen to save himself £22... so with that combination we managed to floor it just enough to make it there for 5:55. So after kids in bed, I got changed into my new jimjams bought by my mum, had some of Richard's beer... and a cuddle with Seamus and Benny while watching The Woman in Black.. which I didn't find in the slightest bit frightening but which had Richard looking from between his fingers at the screen. 

Hope you all had a really lovely Christmas :)

No comments: