Sunday 19 July 2009

'Fun' Run?


Before the run, topping up with energy of 99's... mmm

Whoever calls these 5k runs fun runs is obviously a maschoist... of all the things I can think of doing for fun, hawling my butt uphill dripping in sweat and fearing I'm going to have an accident of the kind usually reserved for 2 year olds in potty training isn't one of them. However I'm pleased to report I made it round the course in 30 mins, as promised jogging all the way... and have raised £165 for Cancer Research. And, I do have to admit I did enjoy it. The atmosphere was great, and having the in-laws, Rich and the kids there cheering me on was a real motivator. Thank you to everyone who sponsored me, you made it worth it :)


Warming up, Noah and Amie had good fun doing this as well!


In the home stretch...


Smiling at the end of it all, because it's over!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Bren ...WELL DONE !!!! and OH MY GOD ..you look amazing !!Good woman for doing it and also for a great cause too xxx

Caroline said...

Congratulations on the run, well done you!