Sunday 17 February 2008

He's still alive!

Just got off the phone to the clinic. He's still alive, but his body temperature is very low so he's on a hot drip and under a red lamp. He hasn't gone to the toilet and they are waiting for him to do so so they can run some tox screens, but at the moment he's not co-operating. They said that they are also running tests to check on his kidneys to make sure they have not been damaged. They changed the antibiotics he was on in case it was that medication he had a reaction to.. so the bacterial infection will be taken care of. He's ate a little this morning, which is a good sign, but he's still not in the clear.

I wanted to go to see him, but they said they don't encourage owners to visit their animals as it's stressful for the animals to be left behind when the owner leaves. I really wish I could go and give him a cuddle, but hopefully he's going to be ok. He'll need to be kept in tomorrow, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday... I'd be more than happy if that was the case and he can come home then. I've to phone tomorrow morning, and if thers's some news (more than likely bad) they will call my mobile in the meantime. I'm going to panic anytime it rings now... but fingers and everything crossed he's going to make it.

No comments: