Sunday 10 February 2008

She did it :)


No up to date pictures, but I like this one of Amie painting :)

Well today was a big day for Amie .. her first day out of nappies, out and about, with no accidents (bit of a big day for mum and dad too :)

We started on Monday morning with a free Dora the Explorer sticker chart I printed off the internet, and some stickers, and a box of smarties. I was amazed how quickly she got the hang of it, and the great pride she took in taking her potty to the toilet and emptying it down. By Friday she was going to her usual playgroup without her nappies on, while I took German lessons. I'm very proud of her, and relieved to finally have this milestone out of the way.

It all went rather smoothly, though she did bash me about the face with her wet nappy when I tried to convince her to put some knickers on instead of another nappy.... but that war wound aside, it was plain sailing :)

In other news Noah said another word today ... "trousers"... he already says "Hiya" when he's holding a phone to his ear, and makes some animal sounds.. but so far he's not much of a talker (that must just run in the female line of the family) :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Congratulations to both of them!